What is the future of Asian American Christianity?
Healthy leaders build vibrant congregations and faith communities with contextual competency. Also, by speaking thoughtfully about faith and modeling best practices, healthy leaders are also visionaries who invite fellow Christians to engage the 21st century world with compassion and justice.
In order to support visionary leaders for Asian American Christian communities, we will provide resources for theological literacy and renewal. We believe that theological literacy and renewal at the every level of Asian American Christian leadership will give birth to visionary thinking and practices.
People and Ideas
Rev. Albert Yip (M.A. Family and Community Counseling) volunteers as a Pastoral Care Counselor on behalf of HCLI. He helps pastors and church leaders who need a coach or a sounding board to help them reflect on their professional ministry and life issues. He is the Senior Pastor of South Bay Bible Church and a missionary with Chinese Bible Mission. Contact him here!
Paul Yin is a Chinese evangelical who encourages Christians to engage culture and society from a more constructive and positive approach. He blogs and co-authored Preaching another Gospel? (in Chinese). HCLI partners with Paul and others who envision theological renewal for Christianity as a whole, but, especially for Asian American Christianity. Visit his blog at: https://paulonchristianity.org
- Feb. 21, 2018. Bay Area Asian American Pastors and Church Leaders’ Networking Lunch (Fremont, CA)
- March 27, 2018. Women in Ministry Gathering (Livermore, CA).
- TBD. Interview with Margaret Yu. (forthcoming)
- Talk: Fred Mok, “How Being a Cultural Alien is a Gift to the Church” at the Bay Area Asian American Pastors & Church Leaders’ Lunch (Oct 11, 2017).
- Webinar: Faith in the Public Square: Justice and Christian Witness with Nikki Toyama (Oct 29, 2017)
- Conversation with Dr. Jonathan Tan on “Re-introducing Asian American Theologies (Oct 22, 2017).
- Author Interview: Dr. Antony Alumkal on his new book Paranoid Science: The Christian Right’s War on Reality (Sept 24, 2017).
- Webinar: “Asian American churches in a multiethnic world” (Sept 17, 2017) with D.J. Chuang.
- “Confessions of a Recovering Pharisee.” Rev. Dr. Ken Fong’s retreat messages at Canaan Taiwanese Christian Church’s English Ministry Retreat (Aug 25-27, 2017). [RECORDING]
- Webinar: “Discipleship Jesus-Style: the Tumbler Model” (June 11, 2017) with Rev. Dr. Grace May.
- Webinar: “The Asian American Contexts” (May 13, 2017) with Rev. Dr. Daniel Lee.
- Webinar: “Caring for the leader’s soul” (March 18, 2017) with Rev. Dr. Steve Wong.