The Emerging Leaders Program is a vocational discernment ministry of the Healthy Church Leaders Initiative of the Asian American Leadership Center (AALC). The program will mentor and coach a cohort of 8-10 male and female emerging leaders to clarify their callings in Asian American settings over a period of 7 months.
The ideal participant would be one of the following:
- A college or graduate student, or a recent graduate who is considering a vocation in ministry among Asian Americans.
- A seminarian who would like to be better equipped to serve Asian Americans.
- A layleader who would like to be more effective in Asian American settings.
Upon completion of the program, participants will:
- Gain a better idea of whether or not they should pursue vocational ministry. Participant called to ministry will be better prepared for theological education.
- Be better prepared to serve as leaders in a variety of Asian American ministry settings.
- Be equipped with tools to both appreciate and critique Asian American Christianity in its diverse expressions and practices (theological reflection).
- Complete a four-step process of Awareness, Vision, Strategy, and Courage.
This round will begin on September 17, 2016, and conclude by April 16, 2017.