- Do you sense a calling to ministry among Asian Americans but are not sure what it is all about?
- Would you like be a better disciple maker of Asian Americans but don’t understand what makes them tick?
- Have you felt frustrated as a leader in an immigrant Asian church or among Asian Americans?
If you can say “yes” to any of these questions, then we would like to invite you to join the Emerging Leaders Program, a new vocational discernment and mentorship program just for people like you.
The Emerging Leaders Program is a vocational discernment program of the Healthy Church Leaders Initiative of the Asian American Leadership Center (AALC). The program will help a cohort of 8-10 male and female emerging leaders to clarify their callings in Asian American settings over a period of 8-10 months.
For more information and to apply go to:
The ideal participant would be one of the following:
- A student (undergraduate junior or senior, or a graduate student) or recent graduate who is considering a vocation in ministry among Asian Americans.
- A seminarian who would like to be better equipped to serve Asian Americans.
- A layleader who would like to be more effective in Asian American settings.
Upon completion of the program, participants will:
- gain a better idea of whether or not they should pursue vocational ministry. Participant who feel called to enter the ministry will also be better prepared for seminary and theological education.
- be better prepared to serve as leaders in a variety of Asian American ministry settings (Asian immigrant, pan-Asian, mainstream or multicultural congregations or ministries, congregational, or parachurch). This would be especially beneficial for participants who are already enrolled in seminary.
- be equipped with tools to both appreciate and critique the Asian American Christianity in its diverse expressions and practices.
During each round, cohort participants will engage in theological reflection, vocational discernment, and individual mentoring.
The first round of this program will begin on January 23, 2016, and conclude by September 24, 2016. The second round will begin in September and conclude by the end of June 2017.